Thursday, June 18, 2009

Library Trip

Went to Jurong East Regional Library with Zhixin and Joanne yesterday. We were supposed to meet there at 10am but since Jonanne and Zhixin were unfamiliar with the place they took a longer time to reach there. Grace didn't come with us because her mother don't allow her and also 'cause she was too lazy to come out of the house. In fact, she was still sleeping when i call her.

We finally found a few books to get the poems from. I guess to grab too many books to read through since Joanne looks shock and kept saying: 'I don't know you... Xingyue, I don't know you hor.'

Because most of the tables and chairs were occupied, we went to the silent reading corner. The chair/table (I used it as a table but Zhixin and Joanne sat on it) keep making sceeching sounds. Joanne tries hard to control her laughter and her face looks... contorted. Zhixin found this poem called 'Talking Turkey' (i forgot the book title ooops). One of the line is: do not eat ur turkey dis chrismas. The words are all in short forms.

After we found the poetry book we wanted and decided on the topic, (Mine was identity as a certain age group, in this case, children) I drag the two of them along to the phsychology sections. Joanne kept saying: 'I don't know you, i don't know you....' while I took out a few books. Zhixin looks...

This are the books I borrowed:
#1 Collins 30 Minute Watercolours (Fiona Peart) - I like the pictures!
#2 101 poems to get you through the day and night (Daisy Goodwin)
#3 101 poems against WAR (Matthew Hollis and Paul Keegan)
#4 101 poems about Childhood (Michael Donaghy) - Why every single poetry book starts with '101 poems' ?
#5 The Hidden Gifts of the Introverted Child (Marti Olsen Laney) - Since I am an introvert...
#6 Psychology: A concise introduction, Second Edition (Richard A. Griggs)
#7 Psychology's Grand Theories (Amy Demorest)
#8 Clashing Views in Psychological Issues:14th Edition (Brent Slife)

Borrow the phsychology books for fun! Since nothign to do and I finished my homework le. I read finish one book le. Only remember this chapter on how to make people comply to your requests. Shall try this on friends sometimes... heh heh *evil grin and knife in hand*

Went for lunch with them at IMM before I went home. Since the entertainment center is closed down for renovations(i think), the three of us have to walk to IMM and find a hawker center there. I kept dashing across the road when there is only a few seconds left, as indicated on next to the flashing green man, to cross the road, and have to wait for Zhixin and Joanne (slowpokes!) who are still on the other side.

We decided eat at Kopitiam but since it was lunch time, there are a lot of people there and it's difficult to find a table. But because I have been there quite a few times and had some experience with finding tables, I manage to find one (someone just finish eating there). I bought a bought of fishball noodles (or was it kuayteow - dont know how to spell?) but didn't finish the soup and fishballs cos it tastes weird. Zhixin bought chicken rice (ahahaha! the only one who bought rice) and didn't finish the soup. Joanne ate quite slowly so we went to buy desserts first. Zhixin had never heard of ice kachang.

I tried to walk home from IMM but the heat was oppressive and my bag is too heavy (i borrowed eight books, and my diary is also inside) so I gave up after 10 minutes of walking and took bus home.

Tag Replies:
Fishy: Rest assured: I read every post one lah
Fishy: Heys! Stop complaining that I don't tag k. Cause I don't like tagging unless there's smth MAJOR
I didn't complain la. LOL. I don't think anything major is gonna happen... My life is too boring.

Shheesh. Computer time's up again.

No comments:

Post a Comment