Saturday, July 21, 2007

World Vision

Hi! You know World Vision? It is a CHARITY PROGRAM that helps poor poor children from all over the world. Do you know that some children sleep on the streets? Some work at the rubbish dump and even eat rubbish? Some drink dirty water from the river and do not have any medical help when they get sick. Some DON'T even have money to go to SCHOOL!!! So, we are indeed very very lucky! Let me tell you: If a child dies every 5 seconds, 2 children die in 1 minute; 720 children die in 1 hour; 17280 children die in 1 day; 120960 children die in 1 week; 483840 children die in 1 month and 5806080 children die in 1 year! THAT'S ABOUT 5 MILLIONS!
Anyway, there is a CIP day in my school today. We will be donating money. NOT ME! My mother told me this when I ask her to donate money: “我不要捐钱,我哪有那么多钱,人家捐钱给我还差不多啊!等你会赚钱是你要捐多少都无所谓!”

No comments:

Post a Comment