Monday, August 6, 2007

Singapore Maths Olympiad

Hello... HEY! Do you know that I entered NMOS (National Maths Olympiad of Singapore). For more information on NMOS, click here.

Okay, now, let me tell you the story on how I gotten in this NMOS. This happen even before I went for my China Immursion Tour.
It was just after the last SA1 Paper on... maybe SCIENCE? In fact, it was just right after the examination and Mdm Chng came in. As we sit according to register number at that time, Huien, who was register no.35, who sitting in front of me and behind Cheryl, no.36. The stupid idiot, Waikin was sitting beside Huien. We were all joking about certain things when Mdm Chng suddenly gave out sheets of paper with Maths Problems on it stapled together. All of us were like:

WTF! I THOUGHT EXAMS WERE OVER?!!!

And I guess Mdm Chng guess what was in our mind. She told us that was um... past year Maths Olympiad questions and went on explaining what it is.
"Jia Wei, the maths genius will surely entered this..." I thought and began doing my work, I don't even think, at the time, that I would even stand a chance.
Then Huien turn back to me and say, "This questions so difficult."
I stole a glance at her paper and then look at my own messy workings and said, "So easy still say difficult!" and she just turn back and continued her paper.

Then she started disturbing me but then, I ignored her so she stopped doing that. After doing about 10 of those 'easy' problems (there were 28 problems in all), I started asking around how many the others have completed. Then I resumed my work.
At 1pm, after Mdm Chng collected the papers, including mine with 8 unfinished questions, we all rushed down for lunch break, which was delayed by exactly 1 hour. Huien told me Waikin showed her all the answers. I started making fun of her with the BGR thing.
And I forgot completely about this MATH OLYMPIAD.
Until one fine day, Mdm Chng was teaching us Maths and I wasn't even concentrating on it. I just heard someone calling my name and saw Meng Xue, Chong Xin, Waikin, Yun Mei Yilun going out so I followed. and the teacher, Mr Ho, just told us some rubbish and went off.
Then, one week later, Mdm Chng called our names again and told us that we are selected for Math Olympiad PRELIMINARY ROUND and then weeks later we sat for the round in school.
Then after the China Trip, one day in school MC was teaching PSP and ask us to try out some problems and then suddenly called me to come in front.
I WAS SO SHOCK I ACTUALLY THOUGHT I DID SOMETHING WRONG!
Then Mr Ho came looking for me and told me that I am only one in School selected for NMOS and all that rubbish like try your best all those.
I WAS SO SURPRISED! Never did I dream that one stupid sheet of papers can get me into NMOS!
Anyway, after two weeks I went to sit for the Special Round.
That was the whole story. I still waiting IMPATIENTLY for the results of the paper I took on 4th August 2007.
BYEBYE!!!=D

No comments:

Post a Comment