Thursday, September 6, 2007

6th Day of Sep Holidays

YAY!!
I had finally finish the reflection I was supposed to write for IPW.
This are the things I am supposed to include in the reflection:
  • How do you feel about your group?
  • How do you manage your group?
  • Do you have dispute or quarrel?
  • Do any members can’t gather at the right time?
  • In the end, how was it done successfully?
  • Are you worried you can’t finish the project on time?
  • What we learn
  • Technical problem & Technical skills

Here is the reflection:

My Reflection for IPW

I learn about how to present our work and how to get along with others. At first, when I first started doing the Project Work, I can’t get along with my group members quite well because we can’t decide on what kind of robot we are advertising and what are the functions of the robot. We also have different ideas for the storyline need for advertisement we are supposed to make. In the end, we choose the entertainment robot. However, no one wanted to act as a robot, so, we decided to use Yu Xin’s Lego pieces to build the robot. Then, we assigned two members, Yu Xin and me, to do the storyline.

After the storyline was done, we have to find time to gather together to film the video using Yun Xi’s video camera and we decide to do that on Friday. On that day, however, Yun Xi suddenly said that her mother did not let her bring her video camera. So, we have to use my digital camera, which could film short video, to film the advertisement and we decided to gather again on Monday and Tuesday to finish the advertisement and the Presentation. On Monday, Yiyuan couldn’t stay back because she has CCA and Yu Xin is ill. So, Jessica acted in the advertisement while Yun Xi moved the robot using the handle at the back of the robot. Then, Jessica and I did part of the presentation. At that time, I was very worried that we can’t finish the Project Work. The next day, Yun Xi couldn’t stay back so we gave her the video I film for her to edit at home. The rest of us did the presentation and I wrote the script. Finally, we finished presentation and the advertisement.

The technical skill I learnt is how to edit a video using Windows Movie Maker. However, I encounter some problems during the process. The computer is too slow and it kept hanging when editing the video. Sometimes, I had to close the whole programme and start all over again because the computer had hanged.

On the day before the presentation, I read the script again and try to present in front of the mirror without looking at the script. On the presentation day, I felt very nervous. I tried very hard to keep eye contact with the audience. I was scared that I suddenly forgot what I was supposed to say. I was also scared that I pronounced any words wrongly, which explains why I am speaking very softly and not very clear. I was glad that the presentation has enough information despite the grammatical errors. We will try to change the grammatical errors we make and put the company logo and tagline on every slide in the future. As for the video, we didn’t put lots of music because we couldn’t find ant nice music.

That's all.

No comments:

Post a Comment