Monday, October 1, 2007

Art Competition

I had just came back from the Art Competition.

It is Children's Day today, am I right?

Anyway, I participate in the Children's Day Art Competition at Yuhua. I went there with Huien. There are 3 categories: A, B and C Category. Mine was Category C. Category C is for Primary 4 to 6.

For Category C, I am suppose to On-The-Spot-Drawing. Something like the Art outings I attend during the holidays only that THAT IS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DRAW THERE!

So me and Huien were down there so busy searching for something to draw. Finally, I found a HDB flat with markets below and I drew that.

Since it is Children's Day, I drew two boys playing catching. And a family. Something... like this:

The colour of the sky is quite nice, isn't it?

And guess I took about 1 hour and 45 minutes to finish this. Huien finishes it about 5 minutes earlier. My sister too. She was in Category A.

After I finish drawing, we went to the games stations set up there and played some games while waiting eagerly for the results. The games were so fun...

Out of a sudden, Huien told me the judge for this Art Competition will be our Art teacher, Mr Yap.

And Mr Yap is a very fussy about Art teacher.

It was near noon when the paintings paint by the Best & Merit Award winners are displayed. I went there and surprisingly, my painting is on display too!

Later, the organiser give out prizes and both me and Huien got Merit Award.

We should have both gotten Best Award if not for this silly mistake made in the painting. Didn't you notice that the Chinese were very BIG while the Malays and Indians were so SMALL.

FATAL MISTAKE

But I do have a lot of fun though...

No comments:

Post a Comment