Thursday, November 19, 2009

[cheapskate speechday @ rulang]

yesterday...

Woke up at 6am and stared at the ceiling for thirty minutes until my maid tried to wake my sister (who had fever the day before or the day before the day before) and got my sister so pissed off that she shouted "I HAVE NO SCHOOL TODAY DON'T BELIEVE ASK JIE JIE" (walao why everything also me de) at her. 'Cause my sister is always playing jokes on my maid so maid don't believe her.

Then from 7.30am I was playing computer until 9am when my sister complained about me using for too long (once again) so I left home early and go to rulang with dumbdumb annie's bf -.-  who got stomachache from drinking coke (LOUSY) Ate hashbrown at Macs.

At Rulang, I received two or three sms from Fishy asking me if I were at Rulang yet and a call telling me to wait for her at the main gate. At that point of time I was at the hall so I hurried down to fetch the 大小姐. Then we walk around the school trying to find our other ex-classmates who were supposed to come rulang today but instead bump into Mdm Chng, our primary five teacher. That was quite creepy (actually bumping into any form teacher is creepy for me). Mdm Chng told me to inform any 6R people who are coming back today to go to the hall at 10am for photo-taking. After she went off, I got a hard kick on the leg from Fishy. -ouch-

We went over to the main gate again and spotted Jie Min this time so we told her about the photo-taking thing. Me and Fishy bought some cold bottled drink from Rulang which is still as cheap as ever :) and I smelled the pack food beside the drink stall. Smell chicken...

We went back to the hall and make several trips to and fro the hall -to see my Chinese Orchestra juniors  and Fishy's Chinese Dance juniors rehearsing for the performance later- and music room -to see Fishy's juniors and bully one of the bitchy ones-. We saw this little girl who Fishy say she doesn't like so as a good friend, and being hyper that day, I went forward to her and said: "HELLO 你认识我吗?" to which the girl shakes her head and smile, probably thinking I'm a retard. Fishy desperately tried to drag me off so before I went off I noted her colourful eye shadow and said: "你的眼睛好像 RAINBOW 哦!"

Fishy laughed like mad.

So after waiting for approximately 40 minutes, in between I went to see my juniors rehearsing and got spotted by instructors Mr Teo and Mr Goh who give me a shock look and then Mdm Leong the teacher IC who bugged me about why my sister is absent today, me and Fishy went back to the gathering venue and waited for a while before we finally took the photo. Don't like taking photos (especially when its group photos) so was a bit annoyed when they keep retaking.

RULANG IS SO CHEAPSKATE FOR THIS YEAR's SPEECH DAY SEH. I mean i do understand that since next year is the 80th anniversary rulang plans to make next year's speech day very grand and this year's would be simpler, firstly to save up the money for next year and to highlight next year's grandness, but this is way too simple.

It's bad enough that this year's speech day is held in the afternoon, and there are sucky decorations, like, yellow ribbons and blue ribbons against red??







 [left: yellow ribbon, right: blue ribbon, bottom: red ribbon]

Worst is that they didnt even bother to provide lunch, and we have no table to sit at (WE ARE VIPs!!! actually no but we are important mah) so we have to sit at the back corner and strain our eyes trying to see the performance, which is a epic failure. And they had this stripy green animation I found pretty lame to pass time, followed by speeches, like this one by Yilun, ex-head-prefect (aka vandi-something; they used this cheem word). It sounds very um... cheem, but it turns out they wrote the speech for him, he only have to read it out -.-

After a every-year-the-same-old-thing skipping performance in ugly costumes, we were lead to the backstage in a certain order, RGS girls first :D to receive the plaque from the CIP, some mayor lady whose name I forgot (Fishy's blog said it was Dr Khor). Since Melissa and Stella weren't present yesterday, Mengxue went up first, and I'm the second.

You see, I have stage fright and is hyper-ventilating, legs turn jelly and trembling, and had a sudden urge to pee -.- so I thought I would probably screwed up and faint on the stage. Guess Fishy was annoyed by my constant whining.

So um, I went on stage and shake hands with the lady (by then my hands were covered in cold sweats), took the plaque (damn cheapskate they actually use scotch tape instead of some nice glue), and the lady ask me: "So how's RGS?" as we turn to face the camera (okay i got no idea where it is) . Nervous and all, I didn't realised she was asking me this question until 10 minutes later back in the hall at the chairs so I stammered: Errr... ya....."

Finally went off the stage and me and fishy hurried back to sit at the chair. Legs were still jelly-ish for about 15minutes.

Since they didn't provide lunch, we took some shots of the food outside the hall and went to seven-eleven to buy a nice curry cup noodle. Then we went to Macs and fishy bought double cheese burger, complaining about how she hate pickles, and I bought apple pie.






It looks a bit gross.

We went back to my house, on the way the very-irritating annie's bf called and asked if he can come over to my house to bully my sister, so since it's bullying my sister, I agreed. (he damn guailan just early in the morning tell me phone no money cannot call then afternoon call to ask if can come over -.-)

Unfortunately the plan backfired and my sister and him gang up to bully me instead :/
Meanwhile Fishy hogged the computer and give some ideas to torture me. I tried to hide myself in the toilet because I can't stand the teasings, only to have Fishy banging at the toilet magnetic door and trying to force it open (poor door! D: ) , pretending that she had stomachache and needs to poo.
When I opened the door and came out afterwards she said I didnt took good care of the guests =.= =.=

I send Fishy back home (not entire way back, just until the markets) and walk home, jaywalking cross the road nearly got knock down by the oncoming cars. Car driver screeched at me and shouted.

I told Fishy about it and she replied: Serve you right.

What kind of friend is that??

Back at home in the night we had a pleasant conversation about MJ's psychology (Fishy interested in MJ and me interested in psychology).

Then I slept.

And woke up today and realised that four days of holidays just passed and I was slacking the whole four days D:

Havn't even done a single thing on my things to do list.

No comments:

Post a Comment