Saturday, December 5, 2009

[20percent]

I had art outing at Mount Faber early in the morning today. Because I went to bed late the night before, I could barely open my eyes when mum try to wake me up at 7.30am, since the I have to reach the meeting place before 8.00am.

Halfway to the meeting place I realised that I forgot to bring the ten bucks mum gave me the other night to pay for the bus fares to Mt Faber (art teacher booked a bus to bring us there). Mum only had four dollars with her so together with $2.50 leftover allowance from last week and fifty cents from my sister I manage to pay the fares (so that the teacher won't give me glares since I am damn ai mian zi).

We reach the drawing venue at 8.30am and after the art teacher brought us around to see the different sceneries we can draw, I found a seat under the shelter and start drawing. Since it was really easy, I finish my sketch faster than usual and start applying water colour paint on it. Halfway through the painting, at about 11am, (i was left with painting the bushes and shadows, so you can say the drawing is near completion), it started pouring. And the rain even went into the shelter, so my painting was wet and I had no mood to continue anymore since no 1, it was raining, and no 2, everyone else is in the shelter to prevent getting drenched. I kept my painting and wait for the bus to arrive so that I can go home.


What my paiting would have look like ^^ this is the part of mount faber I'm drawing. Cable cars (at the background) are in blue 'cause i like blue! There is a couple in black outline. Yeah so basically the painting composed of trees, bushes, the light brown shelter and one couple holding hands (art teacher say mt faber is romantic -no it wasn't in my opinion- and got the secondary school pupils to draw couples).
I reach home just in time for lunch, and it's porridge with fish this time. GRRR.

After lunch I played pac-xon again, getting into level 11 this time, but couldn't pass it. Note: there is I think 3 or 2 blue ghost (I hate the blue ghosts), two of the fat red uncute ones that destroy the blue tiles I tried to make, and the three dumbass pink ghosts. I finish 78 % of it and was nearly passing the level when the blue ghost ate me up (that's why i hate it). Since I have zero life left I have to restart the level, but it's time for me to go Ion Orchard with mum. Don't be mistaken, we are going there to buy books at prologue for me, not shop for clothes. AND LUCKY LUCKY LUCKY SIS AND BRO NOT GOING! XD

On the way to orchard, it was pouring heavily once again and my mum could barely see where she was driving because even with the help of windscreen wiper. Visibility was low, so mum was driving really slowly while I entertained myself with the pit-pat sound of raindrops hitting the car.

After my mum parked her car at lucky plaza, we walk to Ion Orchard just opposite the road. She was amazed at how I seem to know my way around the place and so I told her that she's just bad at telling directions. Mum defended herself, claiming that she rarely comes to orchard, other than bringing me and sis and bro there during chrismas. "Yes mum. You brought us to orchard on the 25th of December, make us take photos with the annual christmas decorations and go home. If you were in a good mood then we go home eating ice-cream -.-" Mum burst out laughing for god-knows-why. I don't get adults.
At {prologue}, I couldn't find 'The Interpretation of Murder' at it's usual place so I went to the counter for help.
Me: Sorry, I am looking for this book.
Lady at Counter: What's the title of the book you are looking for?
Me: Um... The Interpretation of Murder
LaC: Sorry?
Me: Um... I am looking for The Interpretation of Murder
LaC: Of mother? The interpretation of mother?
Me: -what??? I am not looking for those old-fashion philosophical book on filial piety!- Erm, no, I mean murder-
LaC called another lady, let's call her LaC2-
LaC2: Sorry, what is that book again?
Me: the interpretaion of murder. -annoyed-
LaC2: Mother??
Me: No no no, it's M-U-R-D-E-R
LaC2: OH! Murder (pronouncing something that sounds like moulder)
Gosh. I know that my voice probably sounds weird due to my cold so i pronouce weirdly too, but was it that bad? And what's with murder sounding like moulder.

The ladies called this man to help me find the book, and he end up digging up the entire fiction section. Then I realised they just placed the book one shelf below the original position-.-

Proceeding on, I took 4 other books. At first, one of the book, Angels and Demons by Dan Brown, had this ugly green sticker on the cover saying 3 for 2 (three books for the price of two) and I find it near impossible to take away the sticker without damaging the nice cover so I tried to find one without the sticker. It took me 20 minutes but my efforts paid off.

I don't understand why they paste that ugly sticker. Firstly it damages the cover. And readers like me would not want to buy the book (because I hate ugly covers and I don't like damaged ones too).

[left: book with the ugly green sticker]

I paid about 70 bucks (due to popular's 20% discount voucher I pay 18 bucks less) for this books:



From left to right: The Interpretation of Murder by Jed Rubenfeld, Angels and Demons by Dan Brown, Maps of Bones by James Rollins, DeceptionPoint and DigitalFortress by Dan Brown.

My collection of Dan Brown thrillers is finally completed. Actually out of the five books I read four of them before, during last years PSLE period when mum completely banned me from computer. Since I didn't want to revise (primary school syllables are easy) I borrowed some thrillers from friends and read them, under the file, pretending to be revising. So basically I read under the risk of being discovered by mum who will then confiscate the books and the pressure to return the books in one week (as I promise my friend). Therefore not good, cannot enjoy the story. I am going to reread the books!!!! :D

While searching for the books, I came across this:
Know who's that on the right? Those who watch Twilight (either as hard-core fans or reads the book and dislike it and just want to mock the movie, like me) would surely know.

It's the disgusting ROBERT PATTINSON who acted as the handsome Edward. I got no idea why out of all the hotter actors (though I do not find actors hot apparently there are people who does) the producer chose him. WTH?? Just the face makes me puke. Like what's with his hair? Gross. And the pervertic look in the eyes? Gross. And he clearly didnt shave, or did but not properly. Gross.

EW EW EW

And there are girls who find him hot -.- Must be too crazy over Edward that they 爱屋及乌. Poor things. No taste. And there is a book with unglam photos of him which is suppose to be bought by Pattinson fans to stare at and salivate.

More EWs.

I couldn't find my mum so the best guess is that she is choosing assessment books for my sis (poor sis D: ) at the 'supplementary' section. While making my way there, I passed the chinese section and found a chinese version of the twilght saga:



From left to right: Twilight, Eclipse, New Moon, Breaking Dawn. BUT THEY HAD THE ORDER WRONG! It's New Moon before Eclipse.

I wanted to buy this book (which I saw when I went off) but decide against it since I ran out of money.

I couldn't remember what the blurb says but I think it was about a psycho guy who kill people and make them into mummies.

That psycho sort of collects dead people?

The cover looks kind of disturbing though.

But the story seems interesting. Maybe I get it next time, that is if I had enough money, and space in my shelves, because I think I am running out of space to put all my books. Got to get a new shelf soon, but then I won't have space in the bedroom to put it.

Afterwards, we went Takashimaya for dinner. There's a dummy at the shop that reminds me of the other mother in 'Coraline'.



See the similarities?

At night after dinner I spend 3 hours writing three chapters for biying's story. At first I had writer's block and got no idea what to write, so I went kitchen to get some snacks, and then I suddenly had inspiration, so after one chapter I felt tempted to write more.

I shut down the computer at 1 o'clock plus because there is art again in the morning tomorrow and I have to wake up early. However before sleeping I got maid to cook maggi mee for me (hungry! ._. ) I really got to learn how to cook it myself.

When walking back to the kitchen to put the bowl in the basin, I saw a patch of the living room tile covered completely by tons of black ants crawling all over, there is this big flying light brown bug with white spots in the air and two cockroaches dating in the kitchen.

OMG.

I left as soon as I dump the bowl and dashed back into my room.

flu update! I can finally talk, have some voice, but there's blocknose that appear overnight so I sound funny when I talk.
but thank god when I talk to Fishy she said I don't sound 'gentle' anymore, because apparently when I talk to her on the phone yesterday I was trying hard to make some voice come out of my mouth so it ends up sounding girlish and 'gentle' according to Fishy, and she likes it very much -_- BUT NO I hate that voice. Want my normal one back. Guess Fishy is dissapointed when I don't sound as 'gentle' today.

No comments:

Post a Comment