Sunday, December 6, 2009

[@juronglakepark]

Another art outing at jurong lake park today in the morning. Art teacher spent one hour just telling us things like how important it is to know how to queue up according to height and not to have a queue too long; repeated stories of sergeant finding rubbish on the ground and asking who threw it there during his army days; how to find the toilet, eg, walk to the end of the road and you see the main gate to chinese garden, there's a camera in the toilet so remember to flush; where to go when it rains, the community hall housing over 100 people; introducing the art leaders (how come don't have any from rgs??).

My legs were tired from all the standing so I was glad when he finally brought us around to see what sort of sceneries to draw, there's one with a big tree (and a lot of branches) at one side of the lake and two pagondas but me and biying decided on another spot instead:



Ignore the old man and the ugly white construction wall that cover up the lake.

I tried to be extremely meticulous today and took great efforts to get the two joggers and the shelters and community hall right. I am nearly done with my drawing when it starts drizzling. I was convinced that the drizzle will stop so I told biying there's no need to take shelter. The drizzle unfortunately didn't stop and my paper is getting wet so we moved to under the white shelter.

After what seems like ages, teacher picking on how little branches the trees I drew had while those in the park is full of tree branches, so I tried to add more but it looks unnatural. Got Biying to help :D

I tried to be extremely careful again and colour everything in detail (I kind of give up when it comes to painting the trees though). While painting Biying and I discuss about how the story (that we are writing) is going to be, and I was keen on making Ryo (one of the twin, the one who had retrocognition, or else better known as ability to see into the past) die because I do not like that character, though I was the one who created it.

At first when I paint the guy I drew, the beige paint I applied was a little too dark and he ended looking like a really tanned person or a malay, as my other friend thought. Not being racist, but I do rather have chinese in my painting so I recolour him. And Biying was way ahead of me :/

The roofs of the community hall that I paint appeared colourful because I used a few shades of brown, and then there's the ugly lamp that looks fat on top and thin below.

At this point of time I felt tempted to call Fishy, ask her to come down and watch me paint.

After 2 hours of painting I finally finish it!

painting at the left; A grade

The girl's pants was supposed to be white at first, but the teacher said it's not obvious enough and told me to paint it yellow, which I tried and failed, because my yellow paint is contaminated with some green paint earlier on when I tried to mixed different shades of green, so when I paint it on the girl, her pants blend in with the grass, which looks really freaky. Thus I paint it red with black lines abeit now it seems to blend in with the pink shirt, but at least it doesn't looks freaky.

This scenery is slightly altered from the earlier photo taken. Move some trees around so that it looks better.

I just have to go for one more lesson next week then no more lessons lao :D:D:D:D

Afternoon went by as normal. Saw sis and bro playing this game so I tried it out too. Basically your task is to draw the same picture that was shown by memory. Red pins were given to help you remember the shapes and the more carefully you draw the better scored you get.



Not bad for first try! 80% accuracy.
second try: 87.52%  (draw letter B)
third try: 92.7%  (draw letter C)
fourth try: 82.78%  (draw letter D)
fifth try: 95.46%  (draw letter E)
sixth try: 98.63%  (draw letter F)

The letters in the games looks cute! But letter B looks pregnant and letter F looks like it has long hair.

Before dinner, my stingy mum suddenly become kind (have yet to figure out the reason) and brought me to NTUC especially just to get some snacks. I got twister, chips, white chocolate and ricola blackcurrent.

The soup for tonight's dinner is too bland so I mixed the rice together with it. Mum made some unagi fish :D:D

Been using computer till now. Fishy didn't went online! D:
And I need not go back to school for CCA tomorrow because they are going somewhere really far... Pasir Ris! I'm only going there to play in escape theme park. Fishy and I are not going, instead I am going over to Fishy's house and maybe watch 蜡笔小新 together.
The bug outside flying in the living room is creeping me out. It just landed on my packet of blackcurrent ricola and I don't dare to eat it now. Getting maid to kill it for me.

flu update! Block nose turn into runny nose. Biying kept going who knows about your block nose (rhymes?) as I sneeze into her tissue. I nearly use up her whole tissue pack in the morning. At least it was better than the last time my runny nose got this bad.
My voice is finally starting to sound like me again. Biying suspect that I've got H1N1 (I don't know its symptoms but she told me it was similar, erm, runny noses, sore throat and cough) because she got it from her dad and when I went over to her house she was still ill. Well she don't look ill to me.
Heck care if it's H1N1 or what. Doesn't matter. I will still get better in the end. H1N1 is just like normal influenza. Except more contagious?

No comments:

Post a Comment