Sunday, March 28, 2010

Population Control

I love Geography! (because of the subject not the teacher unlike Fishy. Ms Wong is nice but I defnitely do not fangirl over her unlike Fishy and her Ms Hoo nonsense).

Geography today was fabulously, fantastically, wonderfully, brilliantly awesome! And that's an understatment. Since the Geography exam was over on Wednesday we are of course starting on the new topic, which is Population Studies. Climates, Natural Vegetation and Deforestation are fun topics and interesting in a way but Population Studies is what I've been looking forward to ultimately. (and the cool thing is PT is also on Population studies, aging population but nonetheless POPULATION!!!).

Ahem, so at first I was like huh what is this worksheet being passed around, and I see Lee Kwan Yew on the handout which instantly reminds me of the crappy essay I wrote on LKY and Edison Chen being his distant cousin and contracting AIDS using ten chengyus. But er back to topic.

Ms Wong gave us the that three pages handout includes a table of the world population (together with number of births and deaths which shows that birth grossly exceeds deaths).

Seeing world-population related stuffs, I started hyperventilating and telling Grace excitedly about all the stuffs I know on population. And I got very responsive during lessons of course (I somehow forgot that there are classmates around so was feeling rather embarressed and awkward when I stop hyperventilating and realised that the whole class is there while I tell Ms Wong about my interest in world population comes from a novel).

After lessons ended (was given five minutes before assembly to arrange the tables for Math and Literature SAs on Monday), I went up to Ms Wong and ask if we are learning about China's one-child policy next week. :DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

MS WONG SAID YES.

more :DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

During the two hours (I doubling Earth hour!) which I switched off the lights and computer and television in the house, Charmaine called me (or I called her -forgot-) and we got into a 'debate' on China's one-child policy and the positive and negative impacts of it.(seriously I don't know how to debate so it end up with me giving Charmaine all the facts I memorised and Charmaine interrupting me with the moral issues regarding this policy then we digressed to don't know where).

Can't wait for next Wednesday! (if I remember correctly I have Geography next Wednesday!) xDDDDD

----

The 1200 words-Commonwealth Essay I wrote on Mad Scientist end up with 700 words talking about the importance of population control and the dire consequences of overpopulation, and only a mere 200 words on how the scientist decide to solve the problem himself because world governments reacts very slowly, how he tested fatal fungis on human subjects and how he ordered mass bombings. Then the remaining 300 words makes up the starting paragraph and the conclusion (in which I said that the scientist was respected after a few centuries).

8 billion people were killed in my essay in year 2050 when the world population is 10.6 billion, which means 20% or so survived. But it is considered good, because once the world population reached the critical point over 90% of the world population will be wiped out (or so it says in my book lol).

Overpopulation is a world issue. Important! It's one of the main cause of global warming as trees are being cut down in the forest to make way for agricultural land and building houses? Why? To feed the growing population. Because the world needs food. (houses are of course for the people to live in because there are too many people packed in too small space).


The thing is many people (most people) failed to recognise this problem and take measures against it. Any signs of population control will be mistook for eugenics.

I thought my essay was quite good considering the fact that I wrote it in 50 minutes late at night the day before school reopens. Even though it digresses a lot and I probably made tons of grammar mistakes. (until now my grammar ain't good).

I hope Ms Tay won't be too shock by the number of deaths in the essay.

[lol people are calling me sadistic.]

---

Everyone here is recommended to read Doomsday Key by James Rollins!!!:D

GEOGRAPHY!!!

[I'm trying out for geography RA next year too!]

GEOGRAPHY!!!!

POPULATION CONTROL!!!!!!!
YAY!!!!

xDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

No comments:

Post a Comment