Monday, November 12, 2007

A Long Day

What a long and tiring day it is today. But at least I feel very happy with a good result and a certificate.

Speaking of results. Guess I haven't post about it in my blog. I will post it later on. Promise.

I woke up, at 6 in the morning. Hui En called my house and my grandma answered it and she told her I must wake up now.

And I hate it. It was the first time I am having a nice sweet dream. I was running about on a meadow with my friends.

I love that dream. I love Nature and that's the first time I had this dream with me running and playing on a nature place with my friends.

It is so peaceful, absolutely no POLLUTIONS and no one is sad or depressed. All of them are very happy. I this place.

Then Hui En called. And my Grandma woke me up. And I hate that. Why can't Hui En tell the yesterday???

At least I could, well, wake up sort of by myself.

I seems to be a living alarm clock. When I know the time to wake up, I will sort of wake up around that time so that I won't fell sleepy and lethargic.

I remember during P5 camp, those people there told us when we should wake up and I really wake up around that time. And then I call the others to wake up too.

I was angry with her at first. I think maybe she is walking to school today instead of taking her father's car. Maybe.

So I quickly gobble up my breakfast. Honestly, it is only... a glass of milk mix with Milo because I will vomit if I just drank the milk with any other.

Anyway, after that, Hui En call again. This time round asking me if I am ready. I said yes and she was like "Wow! So fast!"

Whatever, just don't make me wake up so early again. At least tell me the day before.

Feeling unlucky enough, I just go down to her block to wait for her. 1 minute passed. 2 minutes passed. 5 minutes passed. Hui En still didn't appear.

15 minutes later. Finally she is here! I feel like scolding her. But hold it and forgot about it later.

Then we walk to school. When we are crossing the pedestrian crossing, Hui En's Grandma did not walk fast enough and she has to wait for the next light.

When she finally crossed it later, she was quite angry with Hui En, saying that she should wait for her and crossed the road with her.

Hui En, of course, argue back., saying that she is big enough to go to school herself and her grandma only had be made sure she cross the road safely.

Her Grandma said that she is just caring for her and they started arguing. Later, her grandma try to make peace and stopped the arguing.

Peace at last!

Then we reached school and we went to the hall. There wasn't even a single drip of rain at that time so I wonder why can't we be in the parade ground.

So in the hall, I was chatting with Ming Xuan because I did not bring any storybooks and Ming Xuan found her book boring.

Then we sing National Anthem and then Ms Foo make announcement. I did not really listen to the announcement.

All I knew was that Ms Foo was saying something about giving out the exam scripts and report books to the P3 and 5 pupils and warn us not to change the marks.

I was thinking, well, the marks are already key in so I am sure no one is that stupid to change those marks unless they have mental problem.

Later, Ms Foo says that some prizes and certificates will be given out.

Thinking that sure it won't be me because I had never taken part in any competitions accept for the Math Olympiad but that was just way long ago. So I never pay much attention too.

I just roughly listen to those names and the prize winner. Suddenly I saw lots of Malays going up to take the prizes and certificates. Weird. I asked Ming Xuan about it.

"Crazy or what!? They say is Malay Competition of course Malays receive prizes or what you expect?! Chinese and Tamils going up?!!!" Ming Xuan and Keng Soon, who is sitting just behind Ming Xuan, answer at the same time.

I didn't know that! Guess should pay more attention. Then, Ms Foo suddenly said something Math Olympiad and Ming Xuan nudged me.

"Your turn to get certificate." she said. I am still confused.

Then they said something about Yun Mei getting Certificate of Participation. And some Bronze Award people and then Silver.

And it goes to... ME! I went up, my heart pumping fast. I went up and shake hands with Ms Ho, the Vice-Principal.

Still trembling. I just can't believe it! That was a glorious moment. The first time getting a certificate. I didn't get one for my Chinese Orchestra SYF. I don't know why.

Then is something about Honorable Mention. Meng Xue and Wai Kin got it.

Others say it is the better than silver but when I check it out later at the NUS HIGH NMOS WEBSITE, I found that it was actually the fourth position, an silver was second.

Maybe that school mistaken it.

After that, we went to take photos which will be shown on speech day. Yu Xin actually pretends to go toilet in order not to take the photo. Mr Kwan took the photo.

Anyway the position when we took the photo is like this (from left to right) : Me, Yilun, Waikin, Nigel, ZhongXin, Mengxue. All are from 5R except Nigel.

Then right after this I went for my CO practice, again.

Until 11, I told Mr Teo that I wanted to go to the washroom and went to get the report book. Then I return and practise all the way until 12.00 noon and went for my 1HOUR lunch break.

Wow! It is longer that the poor 25 minutes lunch break given! But I return from canteen half an hour later after eating my lunch and practise. With Fiona.

Before that, Yu Xin was like chasing me around the whole school because I sort of make fun of her.

So I ran to the Music Room where I am practising and never go out. She don't dare to chase me in there. Then we went for the Annual Speech Day Rehearsal.

It was a Musical.

The Shows:

1) Robot Dance
2) Indian Dance
3) Malay Dance
4) Chinese Dance
5) 北京喜讯传边赛 by Chinese Orchestra
6) Skipping
7) Ballroom Dance
8) Robotics Movie
9) Choir
10) Symphonic Band
11) 快乐的罗索 by Chinese Orchestra
12) Dance by Different Races

Musical Ends.

After Rehearsal, we just keep practising the songs. My finger is swelling with pain because the the continuous playing.

Finally, it is 5pm and I could go home.

I had a terrible headache, block nose making me uncomfortable and a sore throat. I guess I better get home and had a rest.

My mother was extremely happy with my results and the certificate.

I am quite happy with myself too. And by the way I finally could type without having to keep looking at my keyboard.

It turn out it was a lucky day for me despite being force to wake up from my sweet dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment