Friday, November 16, 2007

Singlish

I was reading XiaXue's Blog's Latest post. The first few part of it is about singlish and short forms of words.

The Post is here.

I was actually thinking about it too. In MSN, me and my friends often used those short forms but I didn't.

Even if I did, that is just in the past the first few weeks of this year when I tried to act cool but didn't turn out as I wish because I look and sounds like a total idot.

Short Forms equal TWIT LANGUAGE

For Example (> means become):

  1. At > @
  2. Are > R
  3. Must > muz
  4. Yay > yeps
  5. Favourite > fava
  6. Love > lurbbes or lurrves
  7. By The Way > BTW
  8. That > tat
  9. What > wad
  10. Don't > dun
  11. Don't Know > dunno
  12. Got to > gotta
  13. Bye > buaiis
  14. People > pple
  15. And >n
  16. Say > sae
  17. Need to > needa
  18. Kind of > kinda
  19. Want to > wanna
  20. Going to > gonna
  21. Good > gd
  22. For > ferr
  23. Just > juz
  24. Why > y
  25. Then > den
  26. Ever > eva
  27. Never > nv
  28. Because > coz
  29. Next > nxt
  30. Girls > gurlz
  31. I am > im
  32. Like > lyke
  33. My > muhh
  34. I > iie
  35. You > uue, u, uw and many more

It is so stupid, with all those short forms I wander how some other Blog Readers can read the blog.

There are still other like tomorrow > tomolo and many more. Plus a mix of singlish like 'loh', 'lah', 'leh' and 'hor'.

I wander how those people can remember those words. The list of singlish and short form seems to be longer that those words we learn.

What's more, those are not standard English, thus doing them no good.

If they can't even remember those words in the dictionary, I wander why are they so stupid to made up not standard English words and used them everyday.

They are harming themselves. If their vocabulary is not good and they still used those words, I am sure they will fail for spelling and Vocabulary.

Stupid is what I call them. Other than that, it will be dumb and idiotic. Totally.

I wouldn't used those words, it will do great harm to my Vocabulary and Spelling. And I am sure some other sensible people won't.

Imagine your text books is in Short Forms and Singlish. What could be worse than that??

Maybe having a monster teacher?

Well, those Singlish and Short Form words are like... RUBBISH!!!

TOTALLY RUBBISH!

I DON'T EVEN KNOW HOW TO READ THEM! AND I HAVE TO GUESS THEM.

I really really hope that the government can put a stop to all this or, it is not that I am cursing or whatever but... Singapore Will Be Doom!

Let me put an end to all this complaining about Singlish. I don't care much about them, just make sure I won't use them.

No comments:

Post a Comment