Saturday, March 8, 2008

Adam Khoo Super Kids Programme

This is under the request of one of my besties.

Here is the Adam Khoo Super Kids programme:

DAY 1

I woke up, a bit frightened about the Adam Khoo thing. Actually, it wasn't really the Adam Khoo thing. It was the Chinese Orchestra thing.

Sometimes I wonder how come important things always fall on the same day. We had our first day in Adam Khoo where there will be Introductory and so on.

And just my ill luck that I had to go for Chinese Orchestra practice early in the morning and then after that go to Conference Hall for rehearsal.

I don't want to go. You know what you would do there? You wait for hours there and then go into the performance hall for a few minutes to play the songs and come out.

So we went there just to um... how do I say it in english... okay, just to let those people there arrange the time and all those.

You know those in good classes and joined CO weren't a lot. Just a few only. So does it matter if we go for the rehearsal? And it waste twenty five dollars. Half a day gone.

Anyway, I didn't went for the stupid rehearsal. Well, we went into the AVA room for the programme and the 6L pupils were already there sitting.

We went in and I found a seat beside Fishy. I don't remember who was sitting beside her but anyway, it was to protect Yu Xin from sitting with the irritating Yun Xi who sat beside me in the end.

Why do I say she was irritating? For several reasons. Firstly, I paid money, or rather, my mother paid her hard earn hundred and fifty dollars to let me join the programme and it means one day will be fifty dollars.

And Yun Xi was like talking nonsense and disturbing me the whole time. She said the programme was boring and so on. She also waste her mother's hard earn money just to play with Yu Xin's puzzle and nearly got it confiscated.

Even worst was that she just take my things with asking for permission and then refused to return it to me. I really hate her.

Anyway, the programmes was so fun. Worth the money. At first the first trainer who came in was Danny, with his assistant, De Jun, DJ.

When we were told of his name, we said that there is a boy called Dany in 6R too! And we said he was his brother.

Later, he asked about our class and he said that 6R was protected by 6L and 6U because we were sitting in between the two classes.

It wasn't that funny but some boys laughed. Then he asked us about the Boy Girl Relationship thing.

It was very funny. He asked us if anyone here have girlfriends or boyfriends and everyone, or rather, all the boys pointed at Yu Xiang. Then when asked who are his girlfriends, we pointed at Vanessa and Cheryl.

Vanessa and Cheryl were so embarrassed and they were blushing. OMG....

Then when he asked again, we pointed at Huien and Guoyi. It was so funny. Huien was hiding like mad and Danny said that Guoyi had really GOOD TASTE!!!

Huien still don't admit she is pretty, too humble liao. Furthermore she keep saying she is ugly. No, she is so pretty.

We were divided into two main groups. Banana is the girl's group and Armpit hair is the boy's. Disgusting group name.

Anyway, Danny started talking to us about some stories. He said that there were two types of people in the world.

The first type were like sheeps, no ambitions, no directions, and only knows how to follow others. You know how they killed sheeps?

It was super easy. All you have to do it too shout out BAAAAA, and one by one, the sheep will follow it and walked towards the direction of the killing machines. That is how stupid they were.

The next type of people are like eagles. Do you notice that eagle never travel or fly in flocks? They fly indivdually. this is because, they have ambitions, goals, high self-esteem. They just swooped down and grab their own food and feed to their eaglets.

And you know how the baby eaglets learn to fly? They don't have a tuition teacher to say: Today, we are all going to fly! And now, flap your wings!

No they don't. Instead, they jumped down the cliff where they lived on and tumbled down it. When they reached the bottom, they swooped! And fly up.

This shows that there is always failure before you finally succeeded. It was very meaningful to me.

He also told us that Choices have Consequences. When you choose something, there will be consequence.

It i so true.

You know those Ah Bengs, you may think they are very brave but actually they have very low self-esteem. Whenever they see the police, they will run away. You can't insult them but they can do so to you. I really pity those people.

There is some rules too, and banned words:

  1. I don't know
  2. I am thinking

We are also not supposed to look at the trainer and smile. the funniest part is when we were like talking about what we are not supposed to call Danny.

Some are, Daddy, Nyny, Dandan, Nanny and a few more which I could not remember.

It was so funny.

Later on, in the afternoon, we split up into groups and AHLAMAT!!! I was in the same group as Guoyi, KengSoon and Guan Xun.

Our group name is JUMPER because Guoyi was like jumping all the way to tell Danny the group name. At first we wanted Perfect 11

We design a flag and HeChen was so fussy about everything. Later we did the cheer, which was just same as the original one someone else created and change it a bit. Finally, we finished and went down for lunch.

After lunch, another trainer AhMin came in. He told us that Danny don't allow us to look at him and smile is because of an incident.

He was dining in and hawker centre when he saw a pretty lady. He look at him and smile and was return with a smile too.

Later, he went forward and asked for her number. He discovered that 'she' was actually a gay!!!

OMG, we were laughing like mad. Then after teaching us some things, another trainer, Freddy, came. He wasn't actually that funny. The only funny story he told was that when he was still a student, a relief teacher called him FARTTY. And than annother called him FATTY.

And then there was this story about one of his friends who likes to fart in the worst place, the lift!

After he farted and came out, he looked at him and asked who farted. So he never dare to go into the same lift with him until one day, when his friend when up and the lift came down. Freddy was just about to step in when this smell came out of the lift.

Lor, it was sooooooooooo FUNNY!!!!!

Then, was all the things about out brain. I wasn't paying attention but then Freddy call me out! Thank goodness I know all the facts... And won my group points!

I went home and 6.30p.m. with my grandmother.

(To Bestie, I will post about DAY2 later because I wanted to watch TV now.)

DAY 2

As usual, I went to school. You know what, I was just about to sit down when Guan Xun rushed in and wanted to sit in the second row.

I ignored him and just sitted there and in the end, he was forced to sit in the first row. YAY! I WON!

I think I was sitting down there for quite a while when we were send up to the classroom because it was going to rain and instead of going back to the classrooms like all other classes, we have to go to the hall to take class photo.

Yes, my class for quite slow in the photos which were supposed to be put into the Gallery of Scholars thing.

Because I was tall, I sat in the first row. And Mrs Chan was telling me to put my legs straight like a girl... =.="'

Okay, straight to the point. We went for the Adam Khoo programme and it was Freddy again. OMG... His lesson were like, um... so boring. All he did was ask us to do this and that and draw mind maps and all those.

Other than that was some competition between the two groups.

I nearly fall asleep if not for the Science Revision I bought. later Amin came. I don't quite remember what happen but I think we were supposed to memorised some words and all those. With numbers too.

I split the twenty words up between me, YuXin and Meng Xue. Later on we learn about like drawing pictures to link two words up.

After that, Danny came and we learn the art of Clapping.

You know who learn faster, the adult or kids. Kids of course. When they were send to nursery or kindergardens, their teacher said one day: Today, we are all going to learn about this thing called the Bana-na.

The kids will all go YAY!!! and cheer and clap and then all the information will go into the long term memory.

Then Primary and Secondary school, they might still cheer like kds. But how about JC pupils? The principal said: Lets Congratulates our schoolmate for coming in first for national competition. They will just clap once or twice and that is all.

Now came the adults, if one day, the PM says that there will be no GST or so whatever, they will only look at each other and say 'Good good...'

So, if there isn't clapping and cheering, how could one be excited?

Anyway, we also so a photo of this very pretty girl who got burn alive but survived. Her face was like, disfigured, greatly...

Danny later told us about our parents, and most of us cried. Including me and Yu Xin. It makes me realised how bad I am to my parents. I felt so guilty.

Some boys, like the chicken nest durian head guy, Siao Nan, was like making fun of us. I really feel like kicking him hard and make him can't give birth.

Later, as usual, I went home. I learnt of lot of thing on that day. However, there are some things like we were supposed to say 'I LOVE YOU' to out parents. So mushy. I mean, I feel so weird.

OH SHIT, I forgot something important...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MEGAN!!!!

(Bestie, Day 3 in later, must do homework first.)

DAY 3

It was the last day of Adam Khoo programme. So sad...

You know what, I don't know the reason why the school must have this irritating fire drill exercise today. It waste money and time. Further more I had to go down for two time for the fire drill.

Anyway, skip that. Freddy was asking us to do mind maps but I can't be bothered with it. I was watching Huien Bestie wrestling with a few other boys.

As expected, she lost.

Later on, Danny came in and we were force to do 248 up downs as a punishment for being too noisy.

A few boys went up to direct us and man, they were so stupid. There were about 113 pupils in the programme and everyone only has to do 2 to 3 up downs and the 248 is finish. But they don't seem to understand it.

Later, girls came, Lixin and some others directed us and we finish them in a short while. Rizal had to jump nearly a hundred time as he was not doing the up downs but touching and playing with the projector.

After the punishments, we watch this video called the Miracle Man.

It was about this man who had a plane accident and survived it but his diaphragm was damaged and he need a machine to breathe.

However, he persist and suceed in breathing without the help of the machine. He also learnt to talk because before that, there was something wrong with his vocal.... something and he can't make any sounds.

In addition, he can't swallowed and once while trying to swallow some soup, he was nearly choke to death. But in the end, he learnt to do so.

He even walked out of the hospital on his own feet on his own without any one's help. It was so touching.

We then listen to this nice song called "If We Hold On Together" before going for dinner. As usual, Yun Xi was complaining about how yucky the food taste.

After dinner, we went up to the hall for the closing ceremony. It was like, um, lots of people were crying. We could go up to stage and say things like I LOVE YOU to our parents and lots of people were moved and cried.

Huien too... She didn't know that her dad was there and went up to the stage. She cried a lot. Later, when I told her bout that, she felt very awkward.

****

I benifit a lot from this programme. If I have the chance to go again, I would surely go. And those in average classes, YOU MUST GO TOOO!!!

17 comments:

  1. oh yeah xingyue! i HATE yunxi too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. heyy i'm from the JCC church duh.i know you went theree b4.you've got a sister right? name: xin yu? okay nevermind about that/ you went adam khoo omfg so shocked. did amin teach you? or gary? adam sux

    ReplyDelete
  3. btw the adam khoo is you go there or they come rulang? they teach you mindmap blahblah and speed reading.so lame one iwent two times le one is i go there 2nd one is they come rulang.

    ReplyDelete
  4. tag me if you want http://mrhot-hotdog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. btw heyy erm you know megan? she's from rulang uh?

    ReplyDelete
  6. just so you know. the asterik is c*ock.

    ReplyDelete
  7. YAYA WHATEVER LAH. you think adam khoo is lame cause you act cool. uhuhhuh yeah. NO WONDER YOU'RE SO DIM AND YOU WENT TO A LOUSYYY SCHOOOOOL.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just a reminder for all. Teachers are reading your blogs, so please mind your nettiquette.

    ReplyDelete
  9. And also, please mind your nettiquette even if your blog is a private blog.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The Adam Khoo thing is NOT LAME!!! You only think it's lame coz' you think that you are so matured or whatsoever, but let me tell you this, YOU'RE NOT!!!Doesn't mean that anything you hate is LAME or

    ReplyDelete
  11. Seriously, i think it's a waste of time communicating to someone who thinks she's so COOL and doesn't takes things seriously

    ReplyDelete
  12. Seriously, i think it's a waste of time communicating to someone who thinks she's so COOL and doesn't takes things seriously

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anyway, sry for flooding your taborad xy, don' take her nonsensical words seriously, i know you don't, just a REMINDER(:

    ReplyDelete
  14. LOL, you are mad if you say adam khoo is lame. BTW, fiona, it is ok

    ReplyDelete
  15. LOL, you are mad if you say adam khoo is lame. BTW, fiona, it is ok

    ReplyDelete