Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Injection - Immunisation

19/3/08

Oh my god!!! MY ARM STILL HURTS LIKE HELL!!!!! I can't lift it up, no even halfway up.

YYYYYYYY

It was school as usual today. Of course. But I went for injection today, for immunisation purpose, to protect us against rubella and measles.

I was so scared today, as I heard that the injection is very painful.

Having the needle to go under your skin and into your raw flesh and then the fluid to flow out from the needle, the immunisation fluid, and being absorb by the flesh. It all happen in a spit second.

I was like wailing about it, my last experience with needles and injections was last year. But it seems so long ago.

At that time, they have they needle into my bloodstream at the tip of my finger to get some blood out for analysis.

It was damn painful at that time, you know, and looking at your own blood in a small bottle, the brownish-red blood, it was like a bit scary.

Okay, so I got my health booklet again, and we went to outside the AVA room, again. I still had to take out my shoes and socks and skirt.

And while we were waiting outside the room for our turn, we were all discussing about it, the pain and all those.

Then it was my turn, we were supposed to check our backbones first. A bit disgusting as we have to take out our shirt, from my experience last year. But this year was different.

Emily was the first girl, the bravest one, to have the needles into the skin and we were encouraging her. COME ON, DON'T CRY! She was sort of somewhere between speechless and embarressed.

If it was me, I guess I would be too.

When she finally had the injection, I wasn't there, I was doing the backbone checkup. First, when you went into the room, or rather the small area with curtains and cloths covering it, the nurse will ask you for your health booklet.

Then I will be giving four colour deficiency plate to test for colour blindness. It is very easy to see the numbers, so it wasn't really a challenge for me.

After that, this nurse ask me, "Are your parents tall?" I was totally shock and taken by surprise. I went for health checkups before and no one ever ask me this sort of questions.

I replied yes. I guess it was because I am too tall for my age.

The nurse then ask me questions and checked my backbones and other parts of the body, and off I went for the screening test.

It was super duper boring waiting there for the test and then sitting there while the nurse check your informations and just asked you two questions or so.

And after the screening test, which I hope will never end thought it is boring, is the horrible part of the checkup.

INJECTION!!!!!

I was exchanging places with some others, letting them go first. But my turn will still come, so I cannot escape the frightening needles that sent chills down my spine.

For a split second, the nurse and the needdles look like a witch holding a knife to chop me down into pieces before putting me into the cauldron full of boiling red liquid.

I walk unwilling to the chair, and close my eyes tight shut, covering my face with my hand. I never knew I was so scared of needles.

Later, the nurse tried to calm me down and assure me that it is just an ant bite feeling. I slowing opened my eyes just as the needle went in.

OUCH!

The feeling is like a cold solid object going into your flesh and there is this numb feeling later on. The nurse gave me this cotton wool for covering my wound and I went for the last of the horrors.

After I threw my cotton wool into the rubbish bin, (not throw up), I went to the chair there. The blue sinister looking chair there.

I sat on it and another chill went down my spine. The nurse gave me a pink liquid, a few drops of that medicine and ask me to swallow.

I played with it in my mouth at first, not sure whether or not it is safe. I mixed it with my saliva, not tasting it, and swallow.

It is bitter, very bitter, I almost want to vomit. Those people there laugh at my funny face.

Then the nurse wipe a cold liquid, the numbing thing, I suppose, on my left arm. And there the needle goes in. OUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PAINFUL LIKE CRAZY!

It was like so painful I can't even lift my left arm up high.

And Yun Xi purposely went to hit the painful part! I hate her so much. It doesn't mean that her arm isn't pain and my arm will not be too.

Well, that is the end of the horrors.

LLLLLLLL

After school, I had to stay back for Math Olympics training with the rest who are selected. I badly want to know my results for the RI Math contest but sadly, I lost the participation code. So bad right?

Thankfully Mr Ho help me and he passed the code to Mrs Chan. Got to asked from her tomorrow.

Next post will be about a weekend spent in Jurong Point Shopping Mall. And I would not post that often now, it is a crucial year. My computer period had end and I got to go.

Confession is good for your soul but bad for your reputation.
Procrastination is the thief of time.

No comments:

Post a Comment