Friday, May 23, 2008

Batik Painting 2

It was just any mundane day today. When I arrived in school in the morning (I don't think the sun was up yet), there was only a few people at the parade ground.

I sat down quietly, disgusted at the pool of dried vomit of Vanessa which hasn't been clean away. I was like The school is so poor that they can't even hired a worker to clean up the mess? I hate looking at it, it keep giving me this vomiting sensations thought it looks like this big yellow fried omelette.

Later, Vanessa and some other girls, including the bossyqueen, came and I just don't allow Vanessa to get close to me. I forced her to sit at the other end of the vomit pool just because I don't want any unpleasant experience anymore during the period before we went up for lessons. I got a big fright the other time she vomited.

Anyway, we were exchanging report books and reading the comments. Unfortunately for us, Vanessa's vomit invited a ton lots of flys and creep crawlies which makes me scared because I kinda have a phobia for insects, all except ants. That goes without saying.

One weird thing is that we skipped the flag-raising ceremony again and that was so strange. I mean, flag raising ceremony is so important and we actually skipped that? My class later proceed to the art room where we had our Batik Painting.

If you are an avid blogder of mine, you would know about my first Batik Painting expereience, which was just last week. I don't really like it a lot, and after today, I think I really hate it. (As you can see, I got gastric pain because of it)

There was already one too many problems even before our lesson started. First of all, Fishy had forgotten to bring her cloth for the lesson, and so have I. She was frantic at first and Yun Xi remarked, You will probably get a heart attack at a young age if you continued like this. We thought that getting scolded by our naggy instructor was inevitable.

As a very good friend of Fishy, I calmed her down and told her that the instructor may gave ask a cloth with a drawing since it was impossible to skipped the classes.

And as predicted, the instructor was kind enough to give us the prepared clothes for us to draw. Thanks! Then the trainer started to talk about the chanting (I wonder if it was correctly spelled). I was thinking, You told us the last week! It was clear as bell! We are not from average class okay?

Later on, the instructer handed us the chanting and we queue up to feel it with the melted wax. The melted wax, in my opinion, looks like a pool of urine because of its yellowish colour with a waxy odour and was awfully hot.

After I filled the chanting with the wax, I saunter to my seat and bordered the drawing. Fishy's wax flew more fluently than mine, too fluently that she was complaining about it because it nearly dripped a big puddle of wax on her cloth.

As for me, I actually forgotten how to hold the chanting and a big puddle of it landed on the cloth and my skirt. I only discovered it when I got up to get some more wax and sensed something hot at my thighs.

M outline was not very nice, it was way too crooked and actually make my whole painting looks ugly. My bad choice of colours also contributed to the mess.

As far as I know, art was definitely not my cup of tea. I am not like some people who could finish a magnificent painting at the drop of a hat, despite having took art lesson outside school. Although this is the second time I am do Batik painting, I still could not get the hold of it, unlike Fishy, who is quite dabbed hand at it.

We finished the painting in no time and we went back to class. IT WAS TOTAL DISASTER!

No comments:

Post a Comment