Saturday, May 17, 2008

SP - Entrepreneurship

"The SP is so FUN!"

"The Primary two kids are so cute!"

"I love selling keychains to them!"

Those are what I heard during and after the SP (Special Programme). The last SP this semester was quite fun? Maybe it was a bit fun but personally, I don't really like selling the soft toy keychains.

The one hour we are given before the kids came into the AVA room was like rush hour. My group had to put up posters, decide where we could put the keychains, make balloons which we later will give to the kids, and get some transparent plastic bags from the canteen store aunties because we forgotten to prepare them for the packaging for the toys.

And because of the packaging, I had to run down to the canteen and up again. I think I nearly die, considering I was not so strong physically and I am not used to rushing.

I was the accountant of the my group though I had to do some decorating job too. Some kids are quite scared of us, maybe because most of us are sorta big-sized to them and Melissa pratically shouted at them in the face the prices of the toys.

Morever, I not so good at dealing with kids despite having two younger siblings at home. Honestly, I am quite scared of children, just like I have a phobia for cats. (I could never figure out the reason but my grandmother said that it was because my zodiac sign was rat)

Another reason to our bad business is simply because our stall is at a pathetic corner in the room and no one bothers to prepare the decorative items. We tried to used balloons and lollipops to attract the kids but it didn't really work. A balloon isn't so attractive to me, a lollipop is better.

While I was bust stuffing some 'notes' in the plastic bag I had in a corner of the table, I notice that some kids actually bought several keychains, all of the same design and that was very silly. I like a variety of keychain, not all of the same design.

Actually, we cheated a little by selling balloons and lollipops to the kids. They do not have enough money to pay for those keychains and Melissa sorta cheated their money by selling the balloons. I hope that they would not tell their teachers about that or we will all be in hot soup, very hot one.

At the end of the day, I felt pretty tired maybe due to talking to the kids who had some hearing problem. Or maybe they just stand there doing nothing except stare at us and we had to really talk very loudly at them. That was very frustrating.

No comments:

Post a Comment