Wednesday, July 2, 2008

2nd West Zone Junior Science Whiz Competition

What a long name for some easy competition. I don't mean it is really really easy but seriously, most of the questions are just a little more challenging than those we are taking for exams. Now you got an idea of it?

Although I am lucky enough to get selected for this competition over Melissa, I think I am also quite unlucky to be the ONLY girl among the six people. Yes, I don't have any problem with my eyes, but all others are really boys! Well, there are some supporters too, but they are from average classes and I do not know the girls. Not even one. HOW I WISH THEY REPLACE ONE, JUST ONE OF THE BOYS WITH YU XIN OR MELISSA!!! At least I would have company.

There are three rounds in all but only two of them are counted

  • Individual Round - Test paper with 40MCQs and 20 OEs within one hour
  • Team Round - the six people are divided into groups of three and we are suppose to complete 2 hands-on activities within one hour
  • Audience Round - the audience, which are acually the pupils could answered questions and win prizes

The first two are counted while the others are not. And you want the result?

  • Ying Yilun, Supreme Science Whiz, Champion Award (Round 1)
  • Team 2 of our school, Champion Team, Gold Award (Round 2)

And the only thing we got for snacks is the hollow center bread. And I only got home at] 8pm. I AM SO TIRED!

BTW, the champion team made up of me and two otehr idiots. I GOT A TROPHY! HOORAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment