Monday, July 20, 2009

school day #16

Sigh...

Mixed feelings now. Just that there are things that cannot be revealed to public and things so complicated no one will understand except me.

Anyway, we started on situational writing for english today. I cannot believe that someone as old as me (anyway, the question stated that) would use kittymail (what is this?) and user Id starryprincess. Like so damn lame lor. And her email was totally unreadable, with too many emoticons and short forms (shorten until unless you are quite pro in shortform words - like me! just kidding i'm narcissistic - you cannot make out the word at all.) And she overused exclamation marks and brackets.

Now moved on to chinese. Oral practice. I partner Bridget, who made the whole thing damn hilarious because when she was talking about this topic on 我心目中的偶像 (hers was A.R.A.S.H.I., a singing band from japan if I heard correctly). Since she was talking on japanese stuffs, names have to be translated and it was damn hilarious because those names sound so weird when you tried to pronouce it the chinese 汉语拼音 way. I wished that the teacher would not ask me to talk on this topic, because i would have to make up stories. I have no idols at all, you see. I just dont like idolising people :D

Then we have 3 hours of aethetics, sewing thing (D':). On the way to the needlework room I met Ms Loh. Ha! Fishhy gonna be jealous lao.

For aethetics, we spent one and half hours (i think) on the cloth scrapbook we started on last week. Mine was a yellow cover with golden ribbons and button, and the pages inside are black, purple and light blue cloth. My yellow cover design is damn lousy. I wasn't paying attention to the sewing machine (Big mistake! I could have gotten electricuted or shoot by the needle) and my cloth and string thing just go haywire. I dont know how it happens but there was just a big lump of twist and turns of gray string (or whatever you call the thingy we use to sew) that looks like a flowery design except it looks weird. Xinhui's worst. She didn't prepare the machine correctly and ends up with funny loops that actually looks quite nice.

Afterwards, we proceed onto stage one of apron making (-.- SERIOUSLY LA I SEE NO POINT MAKING AN APRON FOR NEXT YEAR'S HOME ECONOMICS COOKING LESSONS BECAUSE I WILL END UP HAVING THE FUNNY LOOKING APRON STUFFED IN ONE TINY CORNER OF MY WARDROBE AND HAVE TO SPEND TWO DAYS TRYING TO FIND IT). I have to pin the folded cloth so that it remains like what i want it to be when i sew it and given how clumsy i am, you can imagine the result. I pricked my fingers countless times with the pins everywhere and when I am trying to sew the button onto the scrapbook. But yenjean is so much worst, she nearly sewn her own skin into the cloth. Scary...

Mrs Wong actually thinks that my stage one sewing was quite good for a beginner and i need not unpick (i heard as armpit) the string or wool or whatever it is. (cannot remember the term!). Lucky. If not I'll die.. really die lor.

Eat fishballs and tofu with rice for lunch again. Heh. I tried the milo milkshake but it was way too tasteless because the auntie stuff too many ice cubes in the spinning thing. (WHAT THE HECK YOU CALL IT??? Oh ya. Blender).

And for biology, we started on microscopy! YAY!!!!!! Microscopes are way cooler and less scary then crawling mealworms. ARGH. Goosebumps everything. Xinhui and me observe a wet newspaper under the microscope and realised that the person didnt highlight the words properly. There was a blackout due to short circuit since everyone on their microscope at the same time.

After lessons (finally!) i went to school library with Fishhy and Vivian and i borrowed four books (3 english and one chinese): Uglies by Scott Westerfeld, Ghost Children by Sue Townsend, the Goodness Gene by Sonia Levitin and 聊斋. I like science fiction, mystery or a little of horror! Fishhy thinks i'm crazy borrowing chinese book.

I OVERSPENT TODAY. Spent too much on sweets and milkshake.

Help. Math homework again. Not that my math is lousy, but I detest math worksheets.

No comments:

Post a Comment