Monday, December 14, 2009

[the host]

Over the weekend, I manage to finish reading Map of Bones. I hate thriller endings. Like the Lost Symbol one, the author ended it with a single word: 'Hope'. And for Map of Bones, it ends with Grayson Pierce going back home, wanting to put the m-state gold powder into his father's (who had some sort of disease that causes him to be forgetful, and loses memories (??) )  orange juice (the powder, according to scientific research the thoeries, strengthens memories). However he changes his mind because he thought that things cannot be forced, so he have to accept it blah blah blah and started telling his father about the lady he worked with. And in the end, the gold key was fake so after all the challenges of some sort, they didnt manage to get to the place with the treasures.

Nothing much happened on saturday. On sunday, I actually wanted to go to Vanessa's housewarming party, but I wasn't free, and Mum didn't allow me to go. Instead, I stayed at home until 2pm or something (after a five minutes lunch) I went to the library. Borrow a few fiction books (though they don't seems nice) because I can't find Blood Promise and is too lazy to go down to the non-fiction section. Couldn't find Foxtrot comics too.

After paying my library fines (a total of 7.20bucks for three books -.-) I went to Ikea to buy materials to add an extra shelf to the bookshelf above my desk, so that I have more space to put my books.

On the way to Ikea, we witnessed a car accident. At the cross junction near Chinese Garden MRT, this white car (i think) drived past and the tire exploded so the car spin or something like that and knock into another black car beside it and the car spin over a few meters. And because car tires exploded and gasoline is flowing out of the exploding tire car (the back of the car is terribly damage, with metal pieces all over the floor) so I predict that the car will burst into flames soon and wanted to stay back and watch. (by the way the driver fainted) But mum got damn shock (well she couldn't be blame since the exploded car is only one meter away from ours) and decided to drive away, also because she reckons that the place will be jammed with cars later on.

So um, mum decide to take the longer route to Ikea, and on the way we saw fire engines and ambulance, all rushing to the accident site. I supposed the car exploded? Which is real cool! Won't the driver be burnt to death?? (oh no. being sadistic)

We reached Ikea, and sis and bro were feeling sleepy since they refused to go home. Okay back to the point, I bought a light brown wooden board and this thingy which is supposed to support the wooden block.

Picture not clear enough, but the second shelf at the right (the shorter one) is the shelf I added. So it's top shelf: textbooks, files, fullscap...etc; middleshelf: DanBrown and James Rollins thrillers, and this book Huien gave me for birthday last year. Bottom shelf consist of Singapore flag, my coins box, the white tiger Zhixin gave my for birthday, the pink clock Zhixin gave me, my stationaries, calculator, dictionaries and other stuffs, notebooks, my wordsearch books, library books, bluetack, a tiny cute coat hanger and the plaque

Dinner at a vegetarian restaurant (mum being vegetarian). Bleh


Watch The Host at night. Don't like the movie. It's basically a mutated black amphibian gobbling people up. At first, when the main character's daughter called him for help, you expect that daughter to survive, isn't it?

So the whole family (daughter's grandpa, father -main-, aunt and uncle) all tried to find the swer daughter's hiding in and rescue her. Unfortunately the main character and his siblings left their father to be killed by the monster, while the main character got captured by the Korean people because he was supposedly carrying a virus, which turns out to be non-existant.

The main character escapes and found the sewer his daughter is hiding in, but before he reached, the daughter got swallowed up by the monster and suffocated to death. Another boy survived and got pulled out of the monster's mouth together with the daughter (who yes, suffocated to death) before the main character and his siblings set the monster on fire, killing it. Ends with some sort of TV news that offers no explanation to how the mutated monster comes by.

And the monster looks fake. Jurrasic Park is nicer.

---

Fishy is possibly coming my house tomorrow, together with her brother. If her mother allows, then I am going to buy sushi for her first, before fetching her.

LOOKING FORWARD TO IT!!!

I told Fishy to be ‘乖女儿’and be super nice to her mum when she returned home from work so that her mum will allow her to come over :D:D

tagreplies:

Fishy: I WANT TO GO OUT WITH YOU ):
Fishy: LOL my imprisonment is making me sound les
Fishy: **** I miss Miss Loh
Fishy: S.H.I.T.
Fishy: Hey hey what do you mean you'll only treat me if there's money left?
Fishy: HUMPH your good friend here.
Fishy: And um you spelled Billie Jean as Billie Jeans again ):
Err. sorry. keep remembering it as billie jeans. 'Cause Jeans is 牛仔裤. Lol OKOK I treat you to sushi but remember to bring my souvenior. Hope you can come tomorrow... :(

Fiona: HI WENXINGYUE. I MISS YOU
Muahaha. When you come back from HongKong (why is everyone going there anyway?) bring me some stuffs! (greedy)

No comments:

Post a Comment