Sunday, May 2, 2010

Death by Google's satellite invasion of privacy

Google maps is so cool!

I was at Bill Amend's old site where he talk about Jason being amazed with google's satellite maps. Being curious I went there for a look. And tada, spent over three hours on the site stalkin my classmates -.- BUT IT IS VERY VERY VERY COOL! 8D

I could see my house (or that road outside my house). I place that orange guy on the road and saw the street view! But I place the photos any where from 2007 to 2009 because when I went to Jurong Point (was planning to stalk on Vanessa in her condo), the condos are still under renovation. So if I went around the place near Fishy's house I might see her Primary 4 self walking around. I tried stalking Zhixin muahaha :D

I went to ahem visit some other places around the world. Like Australia's Sydney Opera house. I tried to zoom into Amazon forest and see the animals in there but failed terribly. So I tried to go Egypt and see those pyramids there, but couldnt find Cairo D: Then I went to Pisa but cannot find the Leaning Tower of Pisa, so I went Greece, but cannot find Delphi! Then I went to Shanghai (I was thinking of peeking at Shanghai's shibohui thing) and got lost. So I zoom in on Beijing (I thought I could see the Great Wall of China 8D but that failed too.

Which left me stuck with stalking myself, Zhixin, Ariel and Fishy. And Annie. Then I thought of zooming in on Bermuda Triangle (and perhaps solving the mystery and earning big bucks!) but I couldn't locate that damn triangle -.-

Wanted to see the polar bears so I zoom in on Artic but everything is so white D:

Then I thought of going to the Singapore Zoo on the map (if I could see those animals this way then I won't need to visit the zoo anymore xD ). Couldn't locate the zoo D:

I saw kukup on the map! But I can't zoom into it. I'm going to download the Google Earth plugin xD Then I could see everything in 3D! Then I will find out Grace's address and stalk her :D If I could zoom in enough and have a peek into her house perhaps I could copy her homework too! (When I zoom in on RGS and put that little orange man on Andersons Road I saw construction work going on outside the RGS main gate O: )

[I can't find Mount Fugi at Japan!]
[I can't find that hotel I stayed in during primary five's China immursion tour!]
[Where is joanne?]

p/s: I think the photos were taken last year.
pp/s: I see IMM!
ppp/s: I see how small Singapore really is. :/

No comments:

Post a Comment